For my first post of 2016, I'll post the things I am resolved not to worry about.
I will not worry about weight loss.
- I need to lose weight. Always. But I'm not going to focus on a number. Goals haven't worked in the past. I'll just promise to eat better and see what happens.
I will exercise as much as I can stand.
- Maybe I'll exercise more than I did in 2015. Maybe not. I bought a FitBit to track my steps since I'm serious about getting healthier. But no goals for exercise. I'll strive to do my best, whatever that is.
I will not sign up for any challenge about the number of books I read.
- I read a lot. 100+ books in 2015. I'm not sure precisely how many, nor do I care. Part of the pleasure of books is to read as much as I want, when I want. That sounds like a pretty good plan for 2016.
I won't estimate how many books I can write.
- I write slowly. Very slowly. Two books a year are a stretch for me. I'm contracted in 2016 for three, and they're already in various stages of completion. I resolve to finish them. I resolve to write the best quality stories I can. Anything more than that is a bonus.
Oh, wow, I've just thought of something that I will resolve to do.
I will travel as much as I can afford.
- This photo is from a trip to Costa Rica. I like palm trees, beaches, and the ocean. I think my next trip should be to Hawaii. Yeah.