- The name must be fictional (so please do a search for the town's name in North Carolina before suggesting.)
- Suggestions must be submitted by Thursday, 31 Aug 2017, at 11:59 pm EST.
- A distinguished panel of judges (aka my family) will help me to select the winning town name. Their decision is completely subjective, impervious to outside influence, and utterly final.
- If more than one entrant suggests the same name, the entrant who suggests first (based on date/timestamp of entry) will be awarded the prize.
- You may submit your suggested town name via email (julia@juliaDay.com), twitter, or as a comment on this blog.
- You may enter more than once.
- Only one prize will be awarded.
- The winning suggestion will be used as the name of the fictional hometown for my heroine, Brooke, in the book Fade To Us.
- The prize winner will be thanked on the Acknowledgements page of the book.
- The prize winner will receive the first signed copy of an ARC of Fade To Us (which should be available in October or November.) USA and Canada addresses only.
|Raven Rock State Park, photo by Selena NBH|
A little more about the setting, to inspire you:
- This fictional town is located in the middle of the state, also known as The Heart of Carolina. Names with beach or mountain are not likely to be chosen.
- My heroine's hometown is small and located in a mostly rural area. However, people are beginning to move there from cities like Raleigh and Fayetteville--because the commute is doable.
- This fictional town is located near a gorgeous state park, Raven Rock State Park (see image to the upper left.) This is a beautiful part of North Carolina!
- Themes in the book include musical theater, autism/Asperger's, blended families, and baseball.
- For what it's worth, towns in North Carolina often end with -ville, -ton, or -boro.
I look forward to your ideas, and thank you!