Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book birthday

When I was a little girl, I didn't have all that much fun on my birthday.  It was a few days after Christmas. I grew up in a large family, and my parents had always spent all of their budget on Christmas presents. There was rarely anything left afterwards for my birthday.

Whatever was on sale, that's what I got. One year it was socks. Another year, a nightgown. After a particularly expensive holiday season, the gift was a matching towel and washcloth.

The other kicker was the cake. My parents had a good friend (and my choir director at the high school) who shared a birthday with me. We celebrated together, and he got to pick the cake. So he didn't pick cake; he picked banana pudding. Now, I like banana pudding, but not on my BIRTHDAY!

Today is the book birthday for Whispers from the Past. It is also the day that the story of Mark and Susanna comes to a conclusion.  To celebrate, I bought myself a cupcake. A red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting!






If you want to hear from Mark and Susanna, they're interviewed at the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood blog.

Details about giveaways are on my blog yesterday.

But today, all you get here is the cupcake that I will be enjoying tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment