Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where does the time go?

I have three part-time jobs.

During the day, I work for a software company doing geeky things. I teach students, write documentation, and help people enjoy their work more.  I love my day job. 

At night, I write books.  I hear voices inside my head coming from characters who are real to me--and I get to record their stories.  I get to laugh with them, cry with them, and hope they prevail. Because I write YA, I get to experience the teen years through my characters.  I love my night job.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week--I am a homeschooling mom. My daughter attends a virtual high school, and I am her administrator, tutor, cheerleader, organizer, chauffeur, and financial institution. I love alternative education.

I'm tired all the time, but it's a good kind of tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment