Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hitting the road

Book 2 is due next spring. Half of the story takes place in 2016; the other half circa 1800.

I've had a brainstorming session with the brilliant Laura.  But, as I found with Whisper Falls, delving into the history often unfolds the story.  It's all there, waiting to be discovered.

So I'm heading on a couple of road trips.  First, daughter #2 and I will be traveling through eastern North Carolina, seeking out historical sites--hoping the land, buildings, and keepers-of-the-past share their wisdom.

Two weeks later, I'm heading to Virginia.  One of my eighteenth-century characters earns her living as a seamstress.  I'll explore the life styles, fashions, and textiles of that period in Richmond, Alexandria, McLean, and Mount Vernon.  My amazing husband has offered to drive.

The only thing better than learning about American history is to experience it with my family. I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment