Thursday, March 14, 2019

Triad Anime Con

My daughter loves anime, and now she's gotten me hooked, too. DD1 picks out shows that I would like (fun, sweet, with a happily- or hopefully-ever-after) and we watch together.

She goes to many anime conventions and works on crews--just so she can hang out, have fun, and speak on panels. When she suggested that I attend and contribute a panel about writing, I was happy to agree.

This will be my second year to lead a workshop  at Triad AnimeCon. My talk is Saturday night, March 16, from 6pm - 8pm at the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem, NC. In my "Moving Plot Forward" class (presenting as Julia Day), we'll be discovering ways to mine our characters' backstories in order to fix or create scenes.

Although the focus will be on plotting an anime script, the concepts work for any fictional story under development.

If you're there, come by and join us. The first hour will include discussion and hands-on exercises. The second will be totally focused on brainstorming new or enhanced scenes for your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment