Friday, July 11, 2014

Fave restaurant

My teen daughter and I went to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch. The IRIS is located inside the North Carolina Museum of Art. The food is delicious, the presentation is gorgeous, and you get to leave through the Rodin Sculpture Gallery!

Here are our desserts and beverage.

photo of fruit crumble
My blueberry-mango crumble
photo of cheesecake
Daughter's Lemon Cheesecake

photo of lemonade
Fresh lemonade
Yes, it was a happy meal.

If you've read A Whisper In Time, you may have noticed that Susanna and Mark have a picnic date on the grounds of the NC  Museum of Art.  Just in case, here's a little reminder from that scene:

We biked on the greenway to the Museum of Art and followed it past the buildings as it wound through their outdoor garden of artwork. We continued up a hill and down into a valley, swallowed by a lovely forest. Once we crested the next hill, we left the pavement and locked our bikes.

Mark carried the basket with one hand and clasped mine with the other. We found the perfect spot high on the ridge, cool and fragrant with pine. Glimpses of the museum’s manicured grounds stretched below us...

 
“Mark.” I stared straight ahead, arms wrapped about my knees. “Have you been on picnics before?”

 
“A lot.” He reached up to wrap a stray curl from my ponytail around his finger. “But…this is the first time I’ve been on a picnic date.”

 
That pleased me. “Do you know what happens on a picnic date?”

 
“Whatever you want.”

 
“I don’t know what I want.”

 
“No problem. I have plenty of ideas.” His fingers slipped to my cheek, cupped it gently, and turned me toward him. “Kiss me.”

 
I braced a hand on his chest, the muscle hard and smooth beneath the fabric of his shirt. Our mouths clung briefly and then released.

He smiled lazily at me. “That is official picnic behavior.”

 
“Indeed? Picnics involve kissing?"

 
“The two-person kind of picnic does.” He urged me back against the blanket. I shivered with anticipation and uncertainty, but all thought fled at the slide of his lips over mine.


Okay, I can't promise any official picnic behavior if you go there, but I can promise beautiful works of art, and yummy food if you stop by Iris.

Mark likes it so well that there will be visit to Iris in Whispers From The Past.

No comments:

Post a Comment